Monday, August 29, 2011

Return from Hiatus

I am returning from a much needed vacation away from the markets.  I found myself zigging when the market was zagging and then zagging when it was zigging.  Guess what got zinged?

I have a page on this blogged tagged "wisdom".  It serves as a place for me to write down things that I find important and want to both reference and share.  I would like to highlight a couple that are very meaningful to me.



The first is from Musashi:

Harmony and disharmony in rhythm occur in every walk of life. It is imperative to distinguish carefully between the rhythms of flourishing and the rhythms of decline in every single thing.

And the second is from Munenori (a nice corollary to the one above):
When fighting with enemies, if you get to feeling snarled up and are making no progress, you toss your mood away and think in your heart that you are starting everything anew. As you get the rhythm, you discern how to win. This is "becoming new."

Sun Tzu reminds that choosing not to fight can be a successful strategy.  So with the zig and the zag and the zing, I elected to put my pencil down and rest my head a bit.  I am feeling more clear eyed and refreshed from the break.