Monday, March 20, 2017

03/17/2017 Weekly Sector Update

I'm late out of the gate on this. First, you can download the weekly report here.

I was not able to run the 24 Sectors for last week; however, you can find them embedded in the larger report.  Below are the Top 10/Bottom 10 Subsectors.


IN the chart books, I made a few changes to the presentation of the charts.  The time frame is weekly.  To each chart I added the Guppy Multiple Moving Averages (GMMA) along with a 50EMA.  I don't typically work with Multiple Moving Averages in this fashion, but I ran across Daryl Guppy's presentation of it.  I was intrigued by using inferred contexts of Traders (short term moving averages) and Investors (long-term moving averages).  Using exponential moving averages, he uses the following indicators to segregate each group.

Short Term Exponential Moving Averages:    3, 5, 8, 10, 12, 15
Long Term Exponential Moving Averages:  30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 60
Because these are weekly charts, the above will correspond to weeks v. days.  I also pulled a 50EMA in an area shading.  I found that this combination of moving averages against the backdrop of the 50EMA provided an nice perspective.