Monday, May 31, 2010

Melange Post

I had a busy weekend.  On Saturday, I overnighted Jonesy, the handsome lead English Setter, who is being trailed by Daisey and Ella.  He also had a traveling companion, Shena, a female English Setter mix.

More about this picture in a minute.

These dogs are traveling to foster homes from South Carolina to northern destinations  Jonesy was going to Wyncote PA, and Shena to the right. They were well behaved house guests, and my three girls (two pictured above) were very accommodating

I drove to Alexandria yesterday morning.  It is a two hour drive from my home.  It was a pretty day, and I passed many motorcycle pods going toward DC for the annual  Rolling Thunder Motorcycle Rally.  I didn't know anything about this until my fellow transport colleague from that area told me.  I hope that you'll take a moment on this Memorial Day Holiday, to read about it.  I hope that you will take a minute (or longer) to honor the memory of those who have fallen and to thank those currently serving or who have served in the past.

There were two bridges on which several people were waving (hands and flags) or putting up flags.  They seemed genuinely happy to be greeting the faceless, nameless drivers proceeding beneath them.  I imagine that today the bridges and the road ways will be more crowded.  I'm happy to not be traveling them, but rather to be seated at my desk.

Regarding the first picture of Jonesy being followed by my two girls......Jonesy does not have a clue as to where he is going, yet he has two interested followers.  Some market pundits sprang to mind.  Draw your own conclusions!

Veterans!  Thank you for your service.