Wednesday, December 05, 2007

More Than You Know

I ordered and received the following book: More Than You Know: Finding
Financial Wisdom in Unconventional Places by Michael Mauboussin. If any of you've read and have a comment, please do.

I
forget now where I saw the book listed (someone's blog), but I was immediately interested in the the "Finding Financial Wisdom in Unconventional Places." When I read a description of the book, I was immediately reminded of E. O. Wilson's "Consilience". I think that I posted this on BC's website within the last week or so. I was surprised and amused
to see that there was a page with an E. O. Wilson quote.

Unfortunately, I'm too sick to read. This flu was apparently only doing a warm up on Sunday. On Monday, I felt good. I guess it was a health head fake! Yesterday, I became progressively sicker , and today I'm just down and out.

I'll not be making any big stock decisions.

The futures are up. It will be interesting to see how strong a close we have.






Powered by ScribeFire.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bulls are in total control :(( Its better that I don't watch the tape today.

Anonymous said...

Leisa,

Wishing you well from around the corner.

Speaking of books(I read quite a bit), I just started "Value Investing" by Charles S. Mizrahi.
So far it parallels Buffet & Charlie Munger's practices.

vavoline6

russell1200 said...

I read it. I don't remember too much in particular. As I vaguely recall, much of what was stated I already knew from other sources.

Lots of little snippets, and I did not always agree with his summary. His bits on fat tails and power laws at times I thought were bizarre. He states a very general case of their properties and then makes very odd assumptions based upon these assumptions. At one point he states that if there are more mega-sized companies then the appropriate power law distribution would allow for, you should look for some of them to fail. (?). It's as if he thinks it is the power law itself that made them large.