Monday, December 03, 2007

Whither Goes the Market

Bull market resumption? Bear market counter trend rally? Pick one! Pick none! My head hurts. My body hurts. Flu has hit in Leisa-land. Posting will be sparse. Facts, insights minimal. I'm not nearly has sick as my husband, but uncomfortable nonetheless.

A poster asks about Pivot Points. Fidelity's Active Trader Pro has pivot points that one can use. I've used the 1 day/1 minute time frame. A wonderful contributer (trader) on Real Money who goes by "Pokerface" suggest for day trading 2 day five minute. I will warn that when the trend changes, you will get false buys and false sells. So those green arrow buys and red arrow sells can cost you money. I guess if it were so easy a monkey could do it--and we all know that the market is never that easy or obvious. My memo to self is to use Mark Fisher's pivot point discussion in his The Logical Trader. In combination with Fidelity's shorter term pivot points. I've not worked through that, yet though.

Exercise caution during this flu season.




Powered by ScribeFire.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leisa,

Thank you for your note on Pivot points. Just opened my Active Trader Pro after a long time(I have been doing most of my trading in the IB account using TWS). Added the Low point/High point to some of the stocks in my watch list. Looks like I could have done better using this.
Thanks.

Hope your flu gets better. Take plenty of rest. I can't believe why a careful person like you did not get flu shot.

Thanks again,

JogyP

Leisa♠ said...

JogyP--good luck. Just remember my comment about trend changes!

The very worst flu I had was some years ago. I had a flu shot. Just for the "different" strain. We rarely get flu shots anymore. Last year there was a shortage, so no flu shots for anyone unless high risk. We're both up now for our early morning pain medicine.

Let me know how the pivot points work out.

Anonymous said...

pivot point update

Pivot point signals on charts look impressive when you look at yesterday's data. When I watched the intraday/2-day real time for SNDK,JCP etc today, it gave me so many wrong signlas. The chart later corrects itself with more data points and updates the signal, but it's too late at that point.
I am going to mix it with some other indicators and see if it make sense.

JogyP