Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Etrade Milestone


I have an e-trade milestone today. My account went over $20K. This account has done well because of gold and SEED. I owned SEED (600 sh) in this account and in a retirement account. I sold it today @ 10 in this account. I sold 1/2 tranche in my retirement @ $12. It closed at 12.73--a wee bit of money left on the table. I could never give any lessons on how to manage a position to maximize profit. I tend to take profits sooner rather than later.

To give you an idea of the volatility of this stock, I present for your consideration this chart:

Don't think for a moment that my sphinctometer was not pegged when it dropped to $6.50. But I invoked Gemmastar's voice and bought more, because I believed in the thesis. But....there were 22M shares changing hands today. That's lots of upward pressure. This stock generally trades 100K or less.

I've never owned a stock that went this far this fast. I still have 1000 shares.

This account has been my risk portfolio. It has fluctuated greatly--it was less than $14K just over a month ago, and I shared that with you.

SEED was my own find. I spent an entire Saturday going through the Halter Index and printing and reviewing profiles of stocks. I threw out those that I did not like the fundamentals. I created a list in Stockcharts for the ones that I liked. SEED was one of them. I review those lists to see where the money is going on a daily basis.

I truly believe that the greatest gains are based on YOUR research and being there before everyone else gets there. This stock gave an early warning when there was some volume a couple of days ago. This stock went up 64% in one day. I should add that the ^%$@$%& thing is trading 13.4+ in after hours.Don't think for a minute that I do not believe that luck of the headlines was a big part of that. Here's the headline. Headline increases and declines are very short lived which is why I recognized gains.


Origin Agritech Limited Named to Forbes Asia ``Best under a Billion'' List BusinessWire

Origin Agritech Limited (NASDAQ: SEED) ("Origin") today announced that it was selected by the editors of Forbes Asia magazine as one of Asia's 200 "Best Under a Billion" companies. The annual "Best Under A Billion" list draws from over 22,500 publicly listed companies in Asia and the Pacific.
-----------------

No comments: