Sunday, July 20, 2008

FINVIZ--Redux

I'm discontinuing my worksheet of the DJ Industry performance. Not because I've become frustrated with having to change the spreadsheet, but rather, I found something that gives an even better breakdown. I'd rather both of us spend our time looking at more flexible data than the data that I was providing!

I've mentioned FINVIZ in this space before. TimKnight was the first to mention it. In fact, when I first visited it the website, the initial page was not very inviting. But this website is very powerful, and I cannot recommend it more highly.

While I still rely on my Stockchart charts, I'm finding that FINVIZ is one of the most well designed screeners I've ever seen. (Though to be fair, there may be other sites that have this power, but I've not seen it).

If you are looking for an extra tool for your toolkit, then take a little time and do the site tour. The sector breakdown that is a catalyst for my abdicating the DJ Sector report is this report that you can find here: http://finviz.com/groups.ashx?g=industry&v=210&o=name You can also use the additional views to see the information in other way. What are you waiting for? Go take a look!

No comments: