Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day

Sorry for such parse posting of late. I experienced a relapse in my condition, so last week went downhill fast. Brain power and energy were seriously compromised. I still have not read the Henry C K Liu article. So much for "feeling like myself again"! Well, it did last a day.

Luckily the drugs (prednisone) and antibiotic number 2 kicked in, and I could attend a wedding last evening. So before the prednisone, I couldn't breath and couldn't sleep. With prednisone, I can breath but cannot sleep. I'm trying to contain my sleep-deprived crankiness to those who love me most.

Today, I'm making an old fashioned chocolate cake for a Father's Day (FIL) dinner event. It's a bit of a production. I saw it on Cooks Illustrated. I may not be remembered for much when I die, but I will be remembered for the desserts that I've made--honor enough for me.

For all of you fathers, my best to you in your special day. I hope someone made you a special dessert.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey...glad to hear you're doing better with antibiotic #2...people were asking about you on the cara blog, so i took the liberty of copying/pasting today's post...hope it's ok...best wishes

2nd_ave

Anonymous said...

Dear Perplexed,

Greetings!

I read 2nd_ave post on Bill Cara and send you healing light.I wish to share an energy technique I use and hope you'll check it out and be curious ---http://www.emofree.com/splash/video_popup.asp

Enjoy dessert, my favourite food.
Be Well,
moneygenie

Leisa♠ said...

2nd_ave, Moneygenie--your well-wishes are appreciated. During last evening's wedding event, I caught up with a dear friend whose husband is ill with cancer. So, I keep my little sinus "episode" in its proper perspective.