Thursday, June 28, 2007

June 28

I had a mixed day today.

The Good: My MLHR puts had a 200% gain today. The stock opened stronger than I expected so I had a momentary dissappointment. But, I've watched this stock on earnings before, so I waited. The high for the day was $3.50; I sold for $3.40.

Watching CNBC today they were talking about STZ, a stock that I've owned before (dead money). But the stock took off because they did "less worse". I went to the short interest site and saw that there was a large short position. I picked up 1,000 shares at $24.43. I sold it at $25--my target. It went up to $25.52. Better to leave the party with money in your pocket. I then took my gain and bought July 25 puts. I'm thinking that the euphoria is going to end.

I bought DXD and DIA JUL 136 puts just before the FED news. There is only more fear, uncertainty and doubt, plus I think that there will be a market denoument after quarter end 'window dressing'.

I do have some languishing longs--my UNG position is down 15%. I'm believe it will recover as soon as some spinning winds hit the radar. But, I've been wrong!

The Bad. My 10 year old bird dog, Greta, has been on medicine for a bladder infection. She's on course two (27 days) without any improvement. Last night I was up with her, and she seemed to be in pain. I took her to the vet. She either has some terrible urological cancer or an antibiotic resistant bacteria. It will take 3-5 days for them to culture. I'm thinking that it is the worse diagnosis. So next week may be a downer.

I hope that you had a good day today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If next week is a "downer", let us hope that we're only going to be talking money, not Greta.