Sunday, June 10, 2007

Market Respite

This week should prove interesting for the market. I suppose that this will provide some affirmation or either cast aspersions on Friday's indices relaunch (which Gary K reminds was on lower volume). I'm not sure what to think. Admittedly, I've not done too much thinking these last few days other than my being reminded how grateful I am to be born post discovery of antibiotics.

We've been suffering from hateful hot/humid weather, but such are the character of VA' s summer days. The doctor says that the Spring was the worst one he's seen for allergy sufferers, and even those who've NEVER had problems. It was not comforting news, but it certainly explained a good bit of my misery.

It feels good to be on the uptrend rather the downtrend. I figured it was time to stir around a bit, and worked in the garden. We have this wonderful loamy soil. Everything grows well in it, including weeds. So I took a hand cultivator and worked around a few things. It was quite enjoyable until I disturbed a snake in the ground. He literally jumped out of the hole at me causing me to shriek and jump back. He then coiled up under my sage plant ready to attack. He didn't appear poisonous--likely a garter snake. I was surprised by his aggression (and by HIM)--I'm sure he was as startled as I was. He had his tail just a twitchin' and there was a tiny crimson protrusion that was flashing. He wasn't very big, maybe 18-24 inches. I lost my appetite for hoeing and decided to switch to the watering can. I am happy to report that there were no further incidents.

No comments: