Tuesday, July 10, 2007

For Wine Lovers

I'm listening to Gary K, so can you tell that I'm engaging in a bit of free-form blogging. Sorry if it seems self-absorbed; I'm not really that way.

But, if you have not treated yourself to a rose wine made from 100% grenache (or garnacha) grapes, then please go to your favorite wine store and treat yourself to a bottle. My current beverage is a 2006 Las Rocas. I think that you will fall in love with a Spanish, grenache rose. Allow yourself a little romance this summer! There are some wonderful French rose's, but try a Spanish one--very dry, strawberry overtones. You'll love it, love it, love it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you are feeling with Greta. We lost our border collie 17 years ago when she was 15 years old.
We still miss her. I wish you and Greta the best. You'll know when it's time to put her down, and when the time comes you will do what's best for Greta. We knew and we did.

Mrmockbird

Leisa♠ said...

Mrmockbird--yes, one never forgets their beloved pets. I have so many special pets, and I hope that I will always remember each of them. They do enrich our lives. What I find interesting about pets, is that we consider ourselves, the human race, as so superior to so many other life forms. Yet the unquestioning loyalty/love of our dogs for us, and in spite of us!, reminds me that a little humility would be in order. I think out dogs show us so many ways that we can be better human beings. Just witness their patience, adoration, playfulness, stillness, acceptance, forgiveness, acceptance, protectiveness, loyalty and most of all pure, unmitigated joy--all of these things instruct us on how we can better behave. If I could be one half as "good" as any of the dogs I've owned, I will indeed have been a great human being.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about Greta. You have my deepest sympathy. We had to put our cat down with a similar diagnosis. Only cat I ever met that slept under the blankets with us and would bite you on the ankles if you talked very long on the phone.
ww