Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Greta

The above picture was taken on 04.04.07 and I posted it on my blog. Pulling it out made me realize just how quickly Greta (right) had gone downhill in her health from that photo until now. She was still active and pain free. In fact, I didn't know anything was wrong with her.

Last night I was up wrestling with the decision of going 2 weeks to try a drug therapy. I came to the conclusion upon awakening, that I should not. My decision cemented after hearing her make a sharp bark due to pain--a new development. So I got up and dug a grave under the red bud tree shown in the blog post. I'll not post it again here.

I called the vet--warning them that I likely would be unable to finish the conversation. So I took her in (my daughter drove). I had to pick her in and out of the car, and that process was painful to her. But the procedure was quick and painless--for both her an I.

So now she is in permanent repose under the redbud. I have Lucy under another redbud. My two beautiful bird dogs are gone, and I cannot quite believe it. I now have two dogs. Macy, who you see above, and Chloe, a miniature poodle. It's been many, many years since I've only had two dogs. I think Macy (1/2 American Bulldog: 1/2 houndish mix) will make up for it.

Thanks for following along with me and your expressions of kindness.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Condolences and best wishes.

Anonymous said...

I believe you made the right decision, as painful as it must have been for you. My deepest sympathies for your loss.
ww

Anonymous said...

Hello Leisa, I am very sorry for your loss of Greta.

Back in mid-May, when my 7-year old cat Moo-Moo passed away, partially due to my carelessness, I consulted with an animal communicator, which was very helpful during the difficult time.

The communicator is someone that I would recommend. If you would like to consider using her service, please email me at aywong1218@yahoo.com

With deepest sympathy,

Alice

Anonymous said...

my heart goes out to you, Leisa.

Joey

Leisa♠ said...

Thanks to each of you for your kind expressions of sympathy. All of us know that feeling, though, and a little commiseration takes a little of the rawness away. Thank you. Now we will return to our regularly scheduled programming!

Miggs3 said...

Sorry to hear about your dog. A while back you recommended a book to me about managing multiple dogs (how to be the leader of the pack). It has proved to be a great resource. I love having more than one dog even though difficult decisions will inevitably need to be made. I'm hoping the younger pup will keep my older one alive at least a few more years.

I only wish my kids were as well behaved as the dogs!

Thank you and kind thoughts,
Miggs

Leisa♠ said...

Miggs, thanks for your nice note and again I extend to all others. I'm glad the book helped. I've really needed it with Macy!