Monday, July 23, 2007

Today's Market Close


While it is easy to be entranced by the DOW and it's stupendous rise, it's worth consulting the advance/declines. I think that the WSJ did a terrific job adding their market data center. Stupendous.

I do have a confession that I must make. I had $40 calls on GE for August. I let them go on Friday. They are back up nicely today. Hindsight is always a miasmic perspective. Frankly, I'd rather lose the future gain than have the calls be worthless. Here's a picture of GE.
My testicular fortitude failed me on Friday. I did have some gain, so it wasn't a bust. But there is a fine line between conviction and foolishness, and I don't pretend to be able to divine between the two with the best batting average.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

For some more testicular testing replace GE with ACA

Anonymous said...

Hey! Anyone in there? (Kicking down rusty door of The Woodshed. )

Whoa. What happened? (Observing litter and signs of disuse.) There used to be some HELLACIOUS parties in here. Where'd everyone go?

Sorry to here of your troubles. Take care always.

Leisa♠ said...

Yes, ACA was more than testicular fortitude, it was a castrator!

Woodshed parties, you ask? We are all injured, tired and or cantankerous, so the party mood has been elusive. Welcome back.

Anonymous said...

Unless you were short!... "I'll buy every drink in here a house!"