Thursday, May 03, 2007

A Historic Moment

Alas, I regret that with all the %!#$!^!^! coverage of the Dow and the S&P making new highs, why is there not ONE utterance on CNBC about our country's historic 400 year (1607 - 2007) anniversary--okay, it's in another week, but let's see if we see some coverage!

I hope that you will take a moment to visit the Jamestown website "thank you" page. If you click on the people wearing tee shirts, you will have some interesting tidbits. This would be an instructive activity with your children. You can find it here.

This weekend, The Queen of England is here to visit--which means she passed within 2 miles (as the crow flies) of my home. I live in a rural county (though one of the top 100 fastest growing counties) in the US, New Kent. We border James City County with houses Williamsburg. Williamsburg is about 40 minutes from my home. They closed 64, which required my poor husband to find an alternate route home. Let me just say, that getting there to here without the aid of an interstate is nothing short of tortuous.

Anyway....as we reflect on our 400 hundred years in this once-foreign land, let us remember the people--the natives and the voyagers--who sacrificed much for our current lives.

No comments: