Friday, May 11, 2007

Mother's Day

Service note: There will be a service outage on Blogger at 4 p.m. PDT.

On Sunday, I've invited my step mom and MIL over (plus father and FIL, SIL, BIL) for a Mother's day lunch. It was spur of the moment. It makes for a lot of work for me, cooking and cleaning, on a day that I ought to luxuriating in the attention of my family (Hah!). But, MIL's health is not good, and I'm trying to ensure that I capitalize on times that we can all be together. This Sunday is certainly one of those opportunities.

Since we are not eating until 1 p.m., I will have a heavier lunch than I would have planned otherwise. I think that we'll have lamb chops or lamb roast, lemon-parsley new potatoes, fresh asparagus (grilled, I think), and some luscious, lemony dessert. I have 4 recipes for desserts that I'm considering. My hope is that I can find some wonderful fresh berries. Peach iced tea for beverage. No wine--I'll be napping for the balance of the day.

I hope that you each have wonderful Mother's Day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

4pm PDT? If that's Pacific Daylight Time, thank you for thinking ahead!

2nd_ave

Leisa♠ said...

I think that the service outage was for that day, Friday. If you have a blog,they tell you those things. I'm not sure that people accessing know, which is why I posted.

Anonymous said...

OK. I wasn't paying attention. Thought by "Service note" you were trying to say that you would not be posting/checking your blog starting with Mother's Day lunch at 1 pm ET = 4 pm PDT (or are you actually 4 hours ahead of me), in which case it would be first time in my experience an Easterner timed something in PDT ;)

2nd_ave

Leisa♠ said...

Yes, when we Easterners start setting our time by PDT then he Earth will get wobbly on its axis!