Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Oil

How funny that just a month ago the world energy markets were collectively afraid that we would run out of oil and the peak-oilers had their "end of the world" sandwich boards on. That there were never any lines was my simple clue that there wasn't an oil shortage.

I still think that long-term, energy is in an up trend, but as it has led the market for the last 5 years, it's likely due for a rest. Again, I cannot help but marvel at the stories that get spun for the benefit of handing overpriced stocks to others.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you're right about energy long-term -- which means: Buying Opportunity looming or already here.

I did note in a recent article by Hulbert that the three sectors that appear more likely to outperform going forward are: Consumer Staples, Materials, Industrials -- FWIW, of course.

~ GemmaStar