Wednesday, November 05, 2008

A. M. Post

I watched a little of the election results. The time change works hard on this body--it never used to be noticeable until the last two years. Though I started yawning at 8:30, I went to bed around 11:30. My eyes no longer wished to cooperate.

I did turn the clock radio on around 2 a.m. and I heard McCain's concession speech, as well as Obama's victory speech. Some notables were that both Ohio and Virginia, both strongly Republican presidential voters (though we frequently have Democratic governors), and New England has not one Republican senator House Seat (Thanks Glenn!).

I have just one hope: That our country will come together and put their collective shoulders against the massive wheel that needs to be moved. And I would make that statement regardless of who was elected last night.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I share your hope Leisa.

"...New England has not one Republican senator"

I believe that story is being mis-reported. New England has no more Republican House seats...Shays (CT) was the last one and got defeated. We have by my count 3 GOP Senators...Greg (NH) and Snow and Collins (both ME). Gotta love Maine for their independence and loyalty!

Leisa♠ said...

Oh, I think I must have misunderstood rather than it being misreported.

sysin3 said...

I think Obama could end up being a pretty good president. For the country as a whole anyway, if not for our pocketbooks.

At any rate, civilization as we know it will not end on January 20 and the "conservative" party will have to take a hard look at itself.

Anonymous said...

It was misreported when I heard it last night. They kept on saying that New England had lost all its Republican Congressional seats when they should have been saying House seats...and per usual, I found myself yelling at the TV! :)

It's a curse to be both a political AND financial market junkie!!