Sunday, August 24, 2008

Fit by Fifty: Week 2

I've completed Week 1 without injury. Seems like such a small thing. I went for a 2.5 mile workout--walking/jogging. There's some hilly terrain, so a couple of times I had to walk to get my heart rate down below 160. When I become more fit, 160 will require more effort to reach and when reached, will feel more comfortable (meaning I will not be winded). A this early juncture, 160 is TOO easy to reach and results is breathlessness. Breathlessness means I'm training too hard. You can see where I was bumping against the orange line.


One's training chart is not much different than a stock chart....you must develop a base from which to accelerate. My goal for developing my base is to train in the green/yellow zones for a couple of months. At the end of two months, I'll see how a easy it is to stay within the green zone without bumping against the orange zone. If it is still easy, I will continue to build a base for another month.

~~~
Here's a chart of HERO. I did not exit my position two days ago when it was up 9%. I'm marginally green--but much will depend on what happens with Nat Gas and a host of other factors in the market. The energy sector was not a good performer on Friday.


No comments: