Saturday, August 02, 2008

Institutional Voyeurism



Flower Garden (detail) Gustav Klimt


The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)



I'm preparing an institutional voyeurism spreadsheet for you. I'll post the link in the header once I add some more institutions. I'm only including new holdings.

I did want to call out Zebra Capital Management. It's a 'quant fund'. Here's the header which shows LOTS of activity.
I include this 'snapshot' for each of the Institutional Investors included on the spreadsheet. I will also have a 'summary' worksheet so that you can see the list of IV's and click to the tabs that you are interested in.

I've no parameters regarding who I include. This information is from the Nasdaq website (images are used with their permission). It's a wonderful website to go to to see short interest and institutional holders. Frankly, I randomly go through and enter ticker symbols, sort the list of new holders by date (still lots of 03.31.08's) and choose those that have a decent enough money under management to provide some interest. Very unscientific--but a serendipitous way of finding out new information.

Later this a.m. I will include the link. I will keep adding to this worksheet, using the summary worksheet to denote the date that I've added to it. I thought this a better way to manage new additions (so long as the upload links don't change--a technical issue that I'll get figured out), rather than continuing to create new worksheets.

No comments: