Friday, May 09, 2008

Much Happening

At 2:30 a.m. I took my son the hospital. He presented a fever and stomach pains (but my son clearly isn't sure where his stomach is) and vomiting. I figured 24 hours. i specifically asked him if his pain was anywhere but is stomach (to ensure not appendix). The answer? No. But if you don't know where your stomach is.... He walked up and down stairs without complaint. More evidence of not being appendix.

Well...it was his appendix. It ruptured. (Ritualistic beating with the bad mom stick). They were able to do laproscopic surgery. The highlight of his day was when they administered morphine around 7 a.m. I wished they had given me some, too!

My Dad has also been readmitted with pneumonia post surgery. He's pale and weak--hard to seen one's father in that way. He retains vestiges of orneriness--so that gives me much hope.

My son should be able to go home tomorrow. My Dad will be in the hospital a few days. They currently are in residence just a few doors down from each other.

And, my wonderful dog transport volunteer colleagues--they rearranged their schedules at the last minute to accommodate tomorrow's transport.

I've not digested much from the market today. I do plan to complete my sector report for your reading pleasure.

For all you Mom's out there: Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

russell1200 said...

I hope everyone makes it through without too many more difficulties.

I have been setting up my new computer so I have not paid attention to much either.