Tuesday, May 20, 2008

An Organizing Suggestion.


My kids asked me what I wanted for Mother's Day. Here it is. I originally thought that I could use it on my dog transports, but it is not big enough.

Nevertheless, I do have a knack for finding alternate uses for things. I found that this baby is perfect to have beside my desk to put all of my investment "stuff" (notebooks, pads, books etc) together. The mesh pockets are great for pens, etc....If you are looking for something to organize and tame your investment resources/work clutter, I highly recommend this. You can get it for about $55.

It would also make a good organizer beside your bed if you were inclined (as I am) to read and make notes prior to going to bed. You could take this easily between your desk and bed.

You might laugh at me, but I'm a big believer in incubation and the role of the unconscious in solving problems. Or perhaps, that is just the way my crazy brain works. But I like reading about things at night and then revisiting them in the morning. Showers and blowdrying the hair are key times when I have my "ah Hah" experiences. But our brains are a great deal more powerful than we give them credit for, and when we clutter our mind the good stuff just cannot get through. Accordingly, I believe that is why the mundane shower/blow dry offers more receptivity for allowing those thoughts to bubble up and my becoming aware of them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greenspan, Goldman, T-Boone - all out cheering the commodity markets - if past history is anything - they actually want to create another bubble while simultaneously saying they are worried about it... this is their usual modi

They have other things to worry about I guess - like trying to prevent the 'credit bubble' from bursting ---> so why not let the markets and public be amused by how high they can cheer commodity prices??

Funny thing is - everyone keeps trying to buy the dip in stocks - thinking oil is going to fall at any minute...

Took the Gold trade last week every one was talking about (ie: gold/oil ratio at extreme) - we've had a pretty strong bounce from 850-920 so took some profits...

Back to a loss on the oil short trade - Oil stuck at 129.60 for quite a while...

Gold doesn't seem to be buying some of this bogus CPI PPI numbers lately does it?

Leisa when will the insanity end?

Leisa♠ said...

Don't we NEED another bubble? Without a bubble we'll have deflation. I think that is what folks fear most. And if we have deflation, then gold will not be worth much.

I suppose the real trade is to short bonds.