Sunday, January 21, 2007

Captionless Cartoons

Though I'm a hopelessly Southern gal, replete with an accent that would make most New Yorkers sniggle, I thoroughly enjoy The New Yorker. I'd like to say it was for the brilliant writing, but it is mostly for the movie reviews and the cartoons.

The magazine sponsors a little contest each week. Essentially it is to take a captionless cartoon and solicits from readers a caption. Three captions are picked and then a final vote is cast. Normally, I do not have a clue. For this one, I submitted "For 10% more we were able to supersize." What would your caption be?

4 comments:

Larry said...

"now, as your therapist, I have to say that it seems you aren't dealing with problems in proper proportion...."

Larry said...

You know why you should never hire an old CPA? They tend to lose their balance.

Leisa♠ said...

Larry, I LOVE your caption--much better than your CPA joke!

Anonymous said...

Terrific caption, Larry! Just terrific.