Friday, January 05, 2007

Shots over the Bow?

The anxiety is beginning to creep into the print commentators. Gary Kaultbaum is sounding a bit worried. You can get this table at this lind from the WSJ. You probably ran across it in some of the same places I visit. http://online.wsj.com/mdc/page/marketsdata.html?mod=djm_eMailMDCBAR&refresh=on

If you don't listen to Gary consider tuning in. I think that he does a terrific job of giving the daily overview of what is going on in the market--what he thinks is working what's not. Next week should prove interesting.

3 comments:

Banker said...

Interesting Blog.

I too am abit concerned about Stocks. I guess they have been trading higher on the back of the hope for lower interest rates. That hope seems to have been temporarily stalled with the employment report yesterday. EM stocks got hit hard yesterday (Bovespa down4%) and U.S. interest rate futures closing off the lows, I guess on the back of stocks. I enjoy the blog !

Anonymous said...

Leisa, thanks for reminding me about Gary Kaltbaum. I learned about him from you but then got a bit out of the habit of listening.

Banker, thanks for your comment not only on Leisa's blog, but also on your own (I clicked through to visit.)

And then to that unknown, unnamed Chinaman who cursed us (or blessed us I'm still not sure which) when he said "May you live in interesting times...." To him I say: "Enough already!"

Leisa♠ said...

Banker, thank you for you visiting and commenting.

I clearly do NOT understand the market's seemingly (to my view anyway) wishful thinking about interest rates. And if rates are to come down because the economy is going down, then the market needs to hit the skids in advance. It is a mysterious incongruence. I've stopped trying to curse myself for not understanding it, for no truly does.