Monday, February 18, 2008

My Left Foot Part II

First, let me assure you that if I were having a baby, I would not be posting intimate pictures of that event. I remember going to lunch with a colleague. He was going to show me some pictures of his baby. I wasn't expecting to see graphic pictures of his wife squeezing their son from her loins.

I figure that foot x-ray's are innocuous. Now, I have no idea whether what I've circled is correct, but I have a broken cuboid bone. It's a fairly uncommon fracture. You can see a couple of floaters in the top picture (which is the bottom outside of my left foot). IN the bottom picture, you can see the bone splintered.

The doctor was very nice. His words to me were: "It's broken, you do not need surgery. I'm going to put you in a cast for 6 weeks.". I have to say that when the nurse removed my bandages, my foot was rather sorry looking. It looked like a lump of meat. No contour--so swollen the bruising wasn't even apparent.

I had a choice of about a dozen colors for a cast. I chose green (about the color of the eliptical!)--St. Patrick's Day will be here soon. My husband and I met on a blind date on St. Patrick's day in 1979. I was just a wee-lass.

I'm very uncomfortable, not terribly mobile, and the pain pills do are not conducive to lucid anything. But I do at least marvel that an x-ray can be rendered on a disk that even I can look at. There is some comfort in not having that shroud of mystery.

It looks like the non-US markets are improving; so perhaps we'll see a promising rally. I'm likely going to regret re-buying SMN. Sigh!

1 comment:

Gemma Star said...

Second cutest little fracture I ever did see. Mine (of course) was cuter than yours.

~ G/S

PS: Thanks for showing us yours. I should have shown you mine.