Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Today's Market Close


Today while drinking morning coffee on the sofa, I had the most wonderful epiphany. I remembered that Mark had this little red Craftsman rolling mechanics bench. It has a padded seat about 15' x 7: and a tray below it (where you'd put nuts, bolts and the like). I figured that would be a perfect thing to scoot around on.

My mobility improved greatly. My left hip flexor is very sore from lifting my leg leadened with a cast. I'll have to curb my enthusiasm for scooting around, though I found I could flex my knee and rest my heel on the tray. However, I also realize that position is an accident waiting to happen. Of course I'll share it with you with pictures even.

Did you think that you had somehow missed a party this a.m. when the futures went up double digits? On Monday, when I read about the iron ore prices going up, I had large pangs about SMN. I took a largish position in my spec account last week, and it bit me! I sold half my position. HERO continues to do well--largely due to natural gas doing well and oil going over $100.

Barry Ritholtz has a good article here on the % of stocks below their 200DMA. Essentially when this happens, there is generally a rally.


I found a very nice industry snapshot at Morningstar. You can access it here.

No comments: