Friday, February 01, 2008

Spec Account Update

It's been a while since I've posted my spec portfolio. You'll find it at the end of this post. At the worst of the recent downdraft, it dipped below $18K. I've gained some of that back.

Prior to yesterday PAY, occupied about a 70% position in this portfolio. I had 800 shares. It's a speculative portfolio, accordingly riskier, more heavily weighted trades are made. But the downdraft still sears my memory--and I wanted to lighten my load into this updraft, so I sold 1/2 the position to lock in some of the gain.

Here's a chart on PAY. It is a little extended.


Here's a snapshot of my spec account:

Look at that pitiful Rentech. They actually had a buyout offer of $2.28 from a shareholder. The stock sold off when the nixed it. Seems a little strange to me, but I'm holding tight. If this were a larger position, I would have sold it long ago.

No comments: