Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Wood Thrush have Arrived


On April 25, 2007, I reported to you that the wood thrush have arrived. You can see that post HERE. The wood thrush is my favorite bird. It's not a flashy bird. In fact, it is quite shy. It has a very distinctive song--very lyrical. In my area, this is one of the first birds singing in the morning, and one of the last ones to retire in the evening. There is no sound that I treasure more than the sound of their song.

Now you know that I'm all about Davincian Principles here--and I found this nifty website that I wanted to share with you: http://www.usgs.gov/ It's the site of the U. S. Geological Survey. They have some 'stuff' on the wood thrush that you can find HERE.

-------------------------------------------------
P. S. Within the last few posts I shared with you that I was really happy with my blog colors (except for a wayward text hue on emphasized text). The other night my husband and I were on the deck--just before this latest bout of downpours. The sun was setting, and the sky was this lovely slate blue and the dark brown bark of the trees stood in sharp contrast. I realized at that moment that the blog colors mirror that image in the inverse.

Also, on Sunday a tornado touched down not 1.5 miles from me as the crow flies. It destroyed an outbuilding (a sturdy pole shed--I guess the roof was like a parachute) and tossed it on the other side of the road; the roof was taken off the house; and a barn damaged. The son, who lives next to his parents, was under the shed. He was tossed about and ended up with a bruised shoulder.

1 comment:

russell1200 said...

I don't see TA Kitty under your furry friend TAB?