Monday, December 25, 2006

Odd bits


I'm copying photos to my portable hard drive. I'm uploading a few here, with no rhyme nor reason other than I like them. Unfortunately, my sleep schedule is a bit awry so I find myself "Sleepless in Va". So I'm doing something relatively mindless (copying photos) and sharing a few tidbits along the way.

Here's a lovely appetizer. This is a prosciutto roll. In the middle you have blue cheese, currants and watercress, though this is "lamb's ear" as no watercress was available.

May I introduce you to a grape varietal/wine that you may not have tried? A Viognier. (It's the wine in the picture. One of the best descriptions of wine was like this....a Sauvignon Blanc is like Jamie Lee Curtis. A Chardonnay is like Marilyn Monroe. Viognier is like Catherine Deneuve. It's a lush white wine with a floral nose. It's terrific with appetizer courses. The Wine Bible describes Viognier as follows..."one of the finest but rarest French white grapes. . . Viognier's appeal is its exotic, hone-suckle, musky fruit, its round body and--most of all--its mesmerizingly lanolish textures."

If you enjoy wine, but have not ventured off the well-traveled roads, I'd suggest this delightful detour.

No comments: