Friday, December 08, 2006

Subscriptions Review

I have this unfortunate habit of diving headlong into things that I find of interest to me. I say unfortunate in that I have difficulty in sustaining an interest those things. This blog may be one of those things...but we'll see.

An interest that has not waned is my interest in continuing my investor education. I have now a solid 15 months under my belt, and I'm still fully engaged and making progress. However, as part of my enamouredness (why isn't this word enamourment?) with my education, I oversubscribed to various information. As the subscriptions come to the end of their term, evaluating their usefulness. I'll list these here.

  • The Street.com's Real Money and Jim Cramer's Action Alerts. I've kept the RM subscription and canned the Action Alerts. I kept RM because there is a wealth of commentary that I would miss.
  • Stock Chart's.com--charting and John Murphy. John Murphy is a terrific technical analyst, and I've enjoyed his column. This week ended that subscription. His commentary is no longer daily, but rather 3x per week. While I like StockChart, I have MetaStock, so I didn't feel the need to duplicate that.
  • Meta Stock End of Day: I would not give up my MetaStock End of Day. The Monthly subscription to Reuter's Data Link is about $25 per month. I adore the charting, the expert commentator's and the grouping of stocks by sectors. It makes it easy to do individual stock scan's within sectors that I'm interested in reviewing.
  • Hirsch Org (Stock Trader's Almanac--including the monthly subscription): I'm on the fence on this one. They are so well followed that you have to wonder if you are getting a leg up.
  • PeterDag: No brainer. Keep. George Dagnino is a trusted source, and he has a long history of accuracy. I'd be FAR better off if I had been more of a disciple.

No comments: