Friday, March 28, 2008

GaryK 03.28

On another blog there was some interest in CALM, which is reporting sometime soon--maybe Monday, maybe Tuesday. There is a huge short interest: about 87% or so of float. I did a spreadsheet on the institutional holders which you can view HERE.

I'm only going to give the opening remarks of GaryK. There is more, but you'll have to listen. His first comments are always the meat of what he says. Towards the end he has names. I don't know that I'll listen for that--so I leave you, dear readers, to that on your own.

l------------------------------------------------

Nothing good to report today.
Until the financials stop melting down, the market does not have a chance.(He cycles through the financials that are down (Amex, MER, C, etc).
I have to make note that Meredith Whitney thinks worse before better. (Your editor believes that there should be a smackdown between Whitney and D. Bove!).
JCP lowered numbers substantially.
Everything in unison in the retail area went down.
In spite of a new follow through day, it ain't happening.
Take your time, be patient, protect your capital.
Listen to the news, watch the news, but watch the market--that is where your money is.
Wall Street wants to keep you invested.
Looks like a top in gold of unknown price and duration.
GLD, a move below 89.78, there is another move to the downside. I think longer term gold and commodities are in a bull market but they do have corrections.

--------------------

I'm going to eat some Mexican food now. Enjoy your evening. I'll update the sector spreadsheet over the weekend-so look for that. I'm doing to keep the dailies (perhaps I'm anal, but I like seeing the daily trends). I'll find something that I like. Personally, this sector spreadsheet is helpful to me. I'm happy to see that it is downloaded. Note that I CANNOT see who downloads these--so do not think that you're compromising your anonimity by downloading.

In my spec account (still north of 20K, but not by much), is in DUG (300shs) and SMN (100Sshs) and the balance cash. I'll post that along with the Lucky 13 which I've been remiss about posting.
Enjoy your evening.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dumpage even before earnings season kicks off?!? That is very bearish. Sure, EOM window dressing but the selling pressure was much higher than buying presssure the last few days.

Cat