Saturday, March 22, 2008

More Blog Technical Stuff

To get any of these "background" images to show, you have to create and upload the image. The "home" and "about" buttons are created "background images". The sand in the very background is an uploaded image, as are the sidebar headers, the title and the date header backgrounds.

You have to ensure that the image matches the expanse--height and width. Otherwise, it repeats (though you can tell it not to) or truncates. You probably do not care, but it's a bit interesting to understand what is under the hood when you look ant someone's blog.

I've one more thing to add to the blog--and that is a tabbed menu. I'm not quite ready to tackle it yet. Adding the "home" and "about" buttons required some synapses burning. Anyone who makes their living doing this stuff surely has to laugh. I don't suppose it is really that hard, but when you approach it haphazardly, it ain't so easy!

I watched today Harold and Maude. I've never seen it before. How funny to hear the Cat Steven's music. My brother had all of his music (and that of The Doors). I can still recall the lyrics to every tune for both. Interesting how music/lyrics are so easily burned on the brain. We take music on demand for granted. I think about hearing a favorite song and imagine being born during the time of Mozart, Liszt, Beethoven, Wagner or any of the other greats. You might hear a song a dozen or so times in your lifetime (if that unless you were wealthy).

I also watched last night (my husband had a neighbor visitor last evening, so I seemed to be on my own, which was fine. I always find things to do), Fur, an imaginary Portrait of Diane Arbus.
I cannot really say if I really liked it. I do think that Nicole Kidman is a very gifted actress. I saw her recently in To Die For . I thought it a wonderful black comedy when I saw it before.

As part of my "Connessione" practice, I've been routinely researching the movies/TV shows that I watch to understand more about either the topic and/or the actors. I'm not a celebrity follower in the least. And perhaps my even saying that I'm doing this is causing a chuckle or two among readers. But, I've found by doing so, I'm enriching my experience rather than just watching something without awareness.

Speaking of awareness, our next book club selection is: A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose by Eckhart Tolle (Author) . Perhaps after reading this book I may go off to join the circus. I don't know that our last selection, Water for Elephants, was well received by other members. I really enjoyed the book, though others felt that it was too romanticized. I cannot quibble with that assertion However, given the gravity of the reading that the club as well as myself were doing, it seemed to be an oasis of entertainment. I think, too, that given my lack of mobility and my frustration with my physical limitations--in addition to the real danger of falling that traveling one's ordinary courses brings while navigating on crutches--reading about an elderly man's own struggle with gnarled hands, weak legs and wobbly balance was something that I identified with in a very intimate way.

I've mentioned here before what an eye-opener it has been to have to fall upon the support of arms and remaining leg to bear up under additional duress due to an injured left foot. Mine have not been up to the task--though I'm getting there (you should see my arm/shoulder muscles; I'm so proud!). Given some of the pain that I've had in my left foot with only partial weight (the doc said I could do 1/2 weight from the git go, but my foot was too swollen and painful to do that), I cannot imagine that I'll be walking on this foot when I get this cast off. I've 9 more days.

Time to get ready for Easter Meal #1. Tomorrow will be Easter Meal #2.

No comments: