Saturday, March 22, 2008

Tim Wood on FSO today

I'm listening to FSO now. Tim Wood is hosting for Jim Puplova. I'll include some snippets below.

I'm done futzing around with my website. I've been using my down time to (1) learn Adobe Photoshop and (2) to learn how to customize CSS (cascading style sheets). CSS is the programming codes that describe how to display items. It's been very interesting for me to learn how to create and upload the images as well as how to have them displayed properly.

If you find the new colors on the type hard on your eyes, please let me know and I'll soften them. You would be surprised how time consuming it is to pick colors--both background and text to contrast in a way that is readable rather than harsh. My goal is to find the balance of aesthetically pleasing without compromising ease of reading. I want your experience here to be pleasant. Not torture on your eyes. I've got another tweak to do on my date header--to take the beveling out of part of it. Otherwise, I think that it adds enough distinction between date posts.

Here are Tim Wood's comments--a mix of quote/paraphrase. I've mentioned before that I think that he and Frank Barbera are terrific:



The Fed engineered double bottom. Looked like we were on the brink. We were on the edge, looking over the brink. We were ready, I felt like, for a meltdown. How long this engineered bottom lasts, I do not know.

Dow theory non-confirmation (transports/industrials). Joint low together in January. Since then, the transports have performed much better than the industrials. If you back up to the next level, we have the primary trend which is still bearish. Question is how long does this bottom hold. Does this non-confirmation tell us this is a longer-term intermediate bottom.

Cyclically we've not seen a washout. I don't believe that the engineering and manipulation will last forever. Need a good solid foundation for the market to build.

I'm very suspicious of commodities. How is the manipulation going to affect gold and silver. I'm nervous about how far does this rally go? Few weeks, a few months. If we penetrate the January lows, it will be bloody.

No comments: