Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Woodshed

The woodshed is a place where some of us go for either forced or voluntary exile. Activities generally include smokin', drinkin' and cussin' at old people and unruly children. No one has ever been taken behind the wood shed to be dispatched to the Netherworld. It is after all a sanctuary, a place of non-violence--a place contemplative activities such as reflecting on our behavior. But smokin', drinkin' and cussin' (all in good fun and moderation) are more fun.

What is remarkable is that EXACTLY a year ago, I had a post about the woodshed--you can see it HERE. I said there that woodshed activities promote civil discourse and social cohesion.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

is there a significance to the red star on the woodshed?

2nd_ave

Leisa♠ said...

I don't know. I found the photo on the internet. But it seems a common enough decoration--I see these at craft places.

Anonymous said...

LOL- honestly thought it was sitting somewhere on your propery...

2nd_ave

Leisa♠ said...

It's on my virtual property, my blog!

However, the setting looks very much like my property. IN fact, when I posted it (after pulling it out of my archives), I thought "hey, that could be sitting outside!)

Anonymous said...

I think the Fed's Lockhart may jusyt have put the Fear of God back into this market.

Cat

Leisa♠ said...

Crazy market. I seem to be perfectly hedged. I've FAST puts (may 45) and APR2130 DIA calls (just in case the bull started to run!)