Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Today

I'm listening to Gary K now. He's feeling like that there may be a short term bottom in. John Murphy posted this as well. Thinks short term (2 weeks), USD has bottomed; gold has topped.

Housekeeping:
  • I created a new widget on the markets. You can click on them to see the graph. I think that you'l like it.
  • I've updated my weekly sector spreadsheet. Go to the sidebar to click on it.
  • I've updated my quote box (I had to create an apostrophe image--part of my CSS learning).
I bought some EPP today. I think that the world markets will rally a bit after our good day today. It's important to note that neither the economic or inflationary commentary in the statement were positive. I'm not longer grousing about selling DUG or my CNI puts. I still have SMN. I'm expecting commodities to come down. I did sell my UYG yesterday (yeah, I panicked).

I hope that you had a good day.

5 comments:

russell1200 said...

You can always buy puts against your industry. Out of the money leap puts can in normal time be bought at an inconsiderable price. You may have to find a close surrogate, but there is no reason it could not work. The biggest problem is that for most people, their income stream is a huge amount of money compared to their investment income.

Leisa♠ said...

Yes, you could do that. My vocation stream was much greater than my investment income.

Anonymous said...

Had a good day. Lifted my hedges. Waiting for a small pullback to add. Will reset hedges when this looks toppy. I'd guess about when earnings start coming out. Good luck.

Cat

Leisa♠ said...

Our little rally is doing a bit of give back. I hedged my EPP today with EEV.

Anonymous said...

Gut check time, L. I am about ready to stand aside. Credit spreads are not acting well and did you seee what short rates are doing? They are saying something really bad is out there.

Cat