Wednesday, January 23, 2008

A Friend in Need


(Click picture for full story).

Dear Readers:

I hope that you do not find this post gauche, but I'm going to post an appeal for Corey. I promise that appeals will not be a routine part of my blog. In fact, I've been blogging for 16 months and have not made not one appeal! I plan to go for a similarly long period. But I realize that my "distaste" for posting an appeal could result in needed funds not making their way to help this dog in need.

Corey is at the Lenoir County SPCA and needs surgery after being hit by a car. His cast is temporary. As you know, I'm a volunteer transport driver for Lenoir County--almost every weekend. I've made a donation to help Corey. The reality is that if Corey is not helped, he will be euthanized, as this shelter is funds constrained (as they all are). It's a reality that I both understand and accept--so I don't say it for any reason but to state the alternative.

I'd like for you to consider joining me in helping to fund Corey's surgery. If in your consideration you decide that you can help, please you can click on Corey's picture to get information on how to donate. Your contribution is tax deductible.

Thank you for indulging me in making this appeal.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting us know.

I just e-mailed to advise that I would help with the surgery costs.

Leisa♠ said...

And you are a friend INDEED. Thank you.