Friday, January 18, 2008

Tickling Your Research Bone

As I winnow my way through my uber-nerd sector/sub-sector project (putting these onto Stockcharts--yes, it is tedious), I will post a few stocks that I find interesting. Never are these intended to be recommendations--you know that I do not do that, and there would be great danger were I too!--but rather intended to tickle your research bone. That's a pretty hokey thing to say, "tickle your research bone", but from this point forward, I will label these posts to be TYRB's.
CHTT - Chattem, Inc.

Chattem, Inc., through its subsidiaries,
engages in the manufacture, sale, and
marketing of a portfolio of over-the-counter
(OTC) healthcare products, toiletries, and
dietary supplements.

There appears to be some weakness developing in the chart, but you may wish to keep it on your radar screen. Given the performance of this stock over the longer term which I show below. I don't know about you, but I've not heard one media person mention this stock.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the Kaopectate acquisition from JNJ a year ago, they forsaw America's coming appetite for water bugs and rodents 6 months before I did

Kidding aside revenues look great the last 5 years
little steep on the historical valuations

http://quicktake.morningstar.com/StockNet/Valuation10.aspx?Country=USA&Symbol=CHTT

Thanks a for going over the rails,I'm looking at 5 year historical p/e and charts, I think we have a long way to go on the downside on most everything

I saw glimpses of the Texas S&L crisis, complete shopping centers for lease, whole sections of the Dallas paper with HUD homes,it took some areas over the brink they haven't recovered, if this mess is a 1/4 as bad alot of people are going to be eating squirrel

I got smeared on that ugly UYG
No more bottom guessing for me

K

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your great work you are doing with this sector "stuff." If you are not a stockcharts member, you may want to set up the chart just how you like it, then click on linkable version and save to favorites. Then you only need to change the symbol for the next chart, instead of re-doing the whole set up. A bit less tedious. :0)

Leisa♠ said...

K--I got a fanny wallop on UYG too. Bad enough to be early, but to get doubly spanked! Small position though.

R Jay: I am a SC member. I love SC--that is why I'm doing my uber-nerd stock symbol load by sectors. It's so terrific to look at discrete sectors in candle-glance and summary mode. It really gives a fleshed out picture.